Tuesday, December 13, 2011

David Byrne

Hi





I know David Byrne lives in New York but I wondered if anybody knew where - I%26#39;m guessing it%26#39;s probably Greenwich Village?





My husband is a massive fan and we%26#39;d like to see the area David Byrne lives on our next visit.





Thanks all.





x



David Byrne


I don%26#39;t know where he lives, but I%26#39;ve seen him twice: once walking by Gramercy Park and once at an opening at the Guggenheim. I was thrilled. My younger friends/relatives didn%26#39;t know who he was. That made me feel OLD.



David Byrne


Wow - hubby would have been MAJORLY impressed with that!




I don%26#39;t know where he lives either, but have seen him in both the East and West Villages.





Don%26#39;t forget to walk past the now closed CBGB%26#39;s on Bowery and pay homage to the place where David B first appeared in NYC w/the Talking Heads. The used to open for the Ramones!




we went past CBGB at the end of December - it was a sad sight to be honest - all closed up and just the skeleton of the canopy over the door




On his website he says that he votes in a public school on 11th Street. I don%26#39;t know whether he means East or West 11th, but one%26#39;s polling place is invariably in one%26#39;s neighborhood. He also says on the same page that when police drive radio cars the wrong way down a one way street, it is never, ever because they might possibly be responding to an emergency, but always simply because they like to. He strikes me as not the brightest of men.




Thanks GreenWhite/Blue





I%26#39;ll try and dig a little deeper.





He must have SOME intelligence - after all, he lives in New York!




Wherever he lives, bright or stupid, he probably cherishes the day to day routine of his own private life. It%26#39;s fun to occasionally see celebrities in Manhattan, doing what you want to do and maybe seeing someone there. Trying to track these people down or interfering with their lives seems rude to me.




Don%26#39;t get the wrong impression - we don%26#39;t wanna track him down and follow him around - just have a stroll around the neighbourhood




My husband is a big David Byrne fan too, it would be fun to run into him. We%26#39;ve seen him 3 times in concert, love to see him again. And yes he always seems pretty smart to me.




Here%26#39;s an great article on the amazingly diverse and talented Mr Byrne in today%26#39;s NY Times . . .



nytimes.com/2007/01/14/arts/music/14herm.html

No comments:

Post a Comment