Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New York Palace

Thanks for everyone%26#39;s advice on a honeymoon hotel! I think we have now decided on the Palace.





Does anyone know of websites which allow you to book rooms here other than the standard double?





I have had some good quotes on the double from booking sites and have also contacted the hotel who have offered me a reduced rate.





In relation to the standard/delux double however, I am still cheaper bookingt hrough another site. Should I let the hotel know this and see if they reduce rates further?





Thank you



New York Palace


Definetely! You have nothing to loose and chances are they%26#39;ll meet the rate...wouldn%26#39;t that be grand:) Enjoy!



New York Palace


Thanks. I emailed them and they offered a further reduction. It doesn%26#39;t quite meet the other quote but is fairly close.





Now I just have to decide if its worth the extra money for the other grades of room!!





Anyone any advice?




I%26#39;ve never stayed at the hotel but if you want to give more details about your choices (which rooms, diff in price-what the other website is etc.) I%26#39;d be happy to give an opinion.





I don%26#39;t see a ';standard'; room description on their website. It goes from deluxe rooms to executive club to towers. So do YOU know the diff b/w standard and deluxe? If you don%26#39;t how can you make an informed decision. Ask them. Here%26#39;s what they list





newyorkpalace.com/accommodations/deluxe.html




Sorry I think the deluxe is the most ';standard'; they have :)




So the difference b/w the deluxe and executive appears to be the floor you get (executive is higher) and use of the executive lounge where there%26#39;s breakfast etc. But it%26#39;s unclear whether the breakfast/snacks etc. are FREE in the lounge or whether you pay for them. If you don%26#39;t know, ask. Without knowing the diff. in price it%26#39;s impossible to give an opinion.





The difference in the Towers is a 100 sf. larger room which a a good size more space.





Whatever you decide, make sure they know it%26#39;s your honeymoon and hope you get an upgrade.




And within each room class I believe there is also a supplement for west vs. east facing rooms, as the western view is considered the better view.




Thanks for all your help. I think we are going to go for a Towers deluxe room. It is quite a bit more money but hopefully it will be worth it.






That%26#39;s great news. I think you will have a very special New York holiday/honeymoon and doubt you%26#39;ll be disappointed. But in the unlikely event you are, don%26#39;t forget to post it here!




Either way, no doubt I%26#39;ll bore you all with my photos, reviews and stories when I get back (if I have any money left to fly home! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment