Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Most prolific poster on Tripadvisor.

Just minutes ago, Adamhornets posted his 11,000th post on Tripadvisor over on the London forum. A prolific and laudable achievement insofar as most of his posts are hugely informative about London and his work is a labour of love.





NY Whiz is about to produce post number 17,000 on the New York forum within the next few days. This figure will also have been achieved over a remarkably short space of time. Who has produced the most posts on Tripadvisor ? NY Whiz ? Or is there someone else out there who has even more posts to his/her name ?



Most prolific poster on Tripadvisor.


Why does it matter? I think it%26#39;s great that these people are able to help the rest of us out...but it%26#39;s in no way a competition. I think everyone that helps is great!



Most prolific poster on Tripadvisor.


It IS a big deal!



Instead of %26#39;knocking%26#39; such a distinguished accomplishment perhaps your time would have been better spent finding out a bit more about Manhattan!



The people who regularly contribute are certainly not asking for recognition, I know Adam isn%26#39;t, however it was good of Insightful to make known his milestone.



If it weren%26#39;t for both of these prolific and knowledgeable posters, this and other Forums would be so much drivel.



Cheers, Adam!



Poppa




It%26#39;s me. After a million posts the odometer turned back to 000000 and I had to start anew.




Boy, Poppa, you just love to be a little mean to people, don%26#39;t you! Sorry I don%26#39;t know as much about Manhattan as you do...seeing as I have only been there one time for a few short hours and didn%26#39;t get to see much of anything. My husband has been there a few times...not to mention driving a semi into NYC a few times, and we have looked at all sorts of maps to get a better idea of where everything is and what we want to do. I still like to get info from others, and to see if they think we have enough time to see what we want to see. Believe me...I am grateful for those on here that help out so much, I just don%26#39;t see why it is a big deal who has the most posts. NYWhiz%26#39;s posts are always very informative...but not everyone who has a ton of posts are actually helpful. People could just be on here making post after post complaining about others lack of knowledge, rather than being helpful. ;)








Umm....don%26#39;t mean to be a buttinski here...but I don%26#39;t think anyone was mocking the experts for their number of posts...I believe they were congratulating them.




The last sentence....Or is there someone else out there who has even more posts to his/her name ?....to me, that sounds like their saying, lets see who can beat who. Maybe it%26#39;s just me, and I am entitled my opinion. This is the internet, and it is hard to know just what someone means without reading the tone in their voice or reading their body language. :)




It%26#39;s a factual question. No more, no less. Some of us are curious about such things. Others are not. Obviously, the number of posts is also important to the people who run Tripadvisor or, otherwise, they would not count the posts. I%26#39;m not so superficial as to suggest that ';he/she who posts the most is the best poster.'; In the final analysis, the substance of the posts is of fundamental importance.





I think the most important thing about this website is the capacity of its posters to recognise the diversity of the views it triggers. And it would be interesting, at least from my perspective, to know who posts the most and exactly what motivates them in their endeavours. So, for example (as I explained in my earlier post), Adamhornets posts are a public service and he derives the endorphin benefit of giving generously to people who want to find out about London. Is it really so strange that some of us would like to know about the factors which produce prolific posters ? it%26#39;s certainly interesting from the perspective of an understanding of human psychology.




It%26#39;s also great entertainment to get different views on different things. :)




giCarr, Poppa was right -- it IS a big deal. The people like NYWhiz who spend a great deal of time and effort to help others deserve the recognition. And to criticize someone who notes their efforts (in a way that I certainly read as intended to be a compliment), or to suggest that the thousands of posts made by people like NYwhiz might just be useless complaints. --. well, what can I say...




Gicarr03, Gotta agree with Poppa. The fact that someone has the time (especially in a city as busy as NY!) to spend helping that many people is great. The fact that they receive NO compensation makes it pretting incredible. I can%26#39;t imagine giving that much of my time helping others. I%26#39;m just glad that these folks are not as selfish as I am. I do agree with you, that using the internet in place of face to face communication can make it difficult to understand tone of voice and true meaning of others. In this particular case, it appears you found the posting stats less impressive than the rest of us. Thats all.





Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment