Tuesday, December 13, 2011

luggage...locked/unlocked

hello all,I have just been reading through a few posts,when I came across a post about not locking luggage?,please could someone explain this to me,as i didnt really understand what was said.Is that so the cases can be checked?,if thats the reason then i dont mind,but I do personally wherever we go always lock our cases,I hate the thought of anybody just rummaging through our belongings,but if it is for security reasons then i will not object

thankyou in advance

vicky

luggage...locked/unlocked

I always leave luggage unlocked and carry vital stuff with me, i.e., meds,reservation data,passport. I always assume all carry-one and oher luggage will be checked. No sense in locking luggage as locks will be broken. If anyone is interested in my travel clothes or underwear, have at it.

luggage...locked/unlocked

It%26#39;s for security. If security decide to search your bag then they will - locked or unlocked. Unlocked means they can easily get in without damaging your case or contents. Locked and you can imagine how bad it can get. I guess when you see those cases on the carousel all wrapped in plastic, it%26#39;s because they have been forced open - although I could be wrong.


hi thanks for your replies,i totally understand,and appriciate why our cases should remain unlocked,it was just a bit unclear before,so unlocked they will be

thanks again

vicky


hi thanks for your replies,i totally understand,and appriciate why our cases should remain unlocked,it was just a bit unclear before,so unlocked they will be

thanks again

vicky


ooops posted itself twice

:)


If it makes you feel happier you can leave cases unlocked then secure them with either a strap (if your case has a combination lock)or combi-lock (if case is a zip round) approved by the TSA. These can be opened and relocked by security if they so desire: makes me feel happier doing this.


yes,i think i will get those straps that you can get,all i can say is thank god for this site! i have learnt so much,and would never of known about the suitcase thing,

i suppose its very reassuring when you think about it,knowing that security is really good

vicky


I always lock mine never had a problem been to USA x 3, Cuba %26amp; Egypt in the the last 3 years never had a problem locking it.


I always lock mine (combination lock on case) and have been asked at the security point to open it a couple of times, but just stayed with them while they checked through it. Never had a problem with it.


If you buy a TSA-approved lock, they supposedly have keys that will open it. I have used those locks for a couple of years very successfully.

When i go to the airport, and bring my suitcase to ';the big scanner';, the TSA employee usually says ';Oh your suitcase is locked.'; then I show him the TSA lock, and they say ';no problem';.

When I LEAVE Mexico or Dom. Republic, but places inspect your CHECKED luggage BY HAND before you get to the ticket counter..I wait til I get to the ticket counter to put on the lock.

  • database
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment