Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Greek Food - Uncle Nick's, Pylos or something else?

Which one do you recommend? Thanks!



Greek Food - Uncle Nick's, Pylos or something else?


I recently met a greek man, Born there living here. He said that his favorite greek restaurant in the city is Pylos, 128 East 7th. I though that was a pretty good recomendation!.



I%26#39;ve never been to Uncle Nick%26#39;s, I have been to Telly%26#39;%26#39;s Taverna in Astoria a couple of times. It is really good and I can highly recomend it!



Greek Food - Uncle Nick's, Pylos or something else?


Uncle Nick%26#39;s is good but nothing fancy.





GOod to hear about Pylos, will have to try it.




Another to add to the list:





Molyvos, 871 7th Ave, between 55th %26amp; 56th St.





For more info on all these places visit menupages.com.




My favorite is Periyali but it aint%26#39; cheap. Rafina Taverna and Ethos both get very good reviews on menupages.



menupages.com/restaurants.asp鈥?/a>




I%26#39;m Greek, too and I%26#39;m just wondering which one will come closer to mom%26#39;s homemade dishes.




My favorite is Peryali too, but I%26#39;m trying Molyvos for restaurant week.





I just met a well travelled couple in the BVIs who found Milos, then went back every night for the rest of their recent NYC stay. I plan to check that out based on their glowing review.




Ethos sounds great, thanks for the suggestion. Any others? I%26#39;m visiting NYC tomorrow with a friend who%26#39;s never been there. We%26#39;re hitting up Times Square, Roc. Center, St. Patrick%26#39;s Cathedral, etc. We%26#39;re getting there late in the afternoon, so if anyone has any other suggestions, please, by all means, let me know.




For mom%26#39;s home-cooking....head uptown to Columbia Univ area for a classic, staple....Symposium...on 112th St. between Bdway and Amsterdam:) Milos is definetely excellent and THE priciest of the lot. The owner flies the fish in directly from Greece...you pick, they weigh and cook it on spot:) Enjoy!




Bobbo,



Not sure if you%26#39;ll be reading this again today but,



I had dinner last night at Myvlos before a show a Carnegie Hall.



It was excellent. I ordered a dessert that was custard in phylo, All I can say is my friends had dessert envy.



Dinner was 70PP. I thought this might help you.



Have a good day in the city!




Wow! Thank you everyone for the suggestions...this one is gonna be tough. I%26#39;ll let you know what we did and what we though!





Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment