Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Subway to Queens? Local advice sought!

Hi all - I鈥檓 looking for some local help on transport to Queens





I鈥檒l be visiting from the UK in March and staying in lower Manhattan and I need to visit Middle Village in Queens (on a week day). I can see from the subway maps that I shall need to take the M (brown) subway line to get there from Manhattan - and that the train only stops at the subway stations in that area during the rush hour - which isn鈥檛 a problem as I don鈥檛 mind an early start.





However, where my plan falls down is on the return journey (only intend to be in the area for a few hours). If the trains don鈥檛 always stop at the Manhattan stations is there an alternative route to use or would a bus be a better option to catch - and if so, which one?





I鈥檇 appreciate any help you can give me - the transport websites/schedules are somewhat complicated :)





Many thanks





Subway to Queens? Local advice sought!


Hi. I found this website



hopstop.com.



It is GREAT!





You can pretty much input where you want to ';start'; from and where you want to ';end'; and it will give you step-by-step directions. You can also input what time of day you%26#39;ll be traveling...it%26#39;s just a great website for peeps like you and me who are completely stumped when it comes to reading subway or bus schedules!

No comments:

Post a Comment