Tuesday, March 30, 2010

help me choose

Going to New York for 4 nights in June with my husband(celebrating our 40th birthdays). Cannot decide between the Belvedere or the New York Helmsley on 42nd street. Any opinions from anyone who has stayed at either hotel?



help me choose


The Belevedere is ranked 25th overall in New York. If you go to the left hand column at the side of this page, you can click on Belvedere amongst the list of hotels and access 718 different guest reviews of this hotel. The Helmsley is ranked 56th overall. If you click on the New York Helmsley on the left hand column at the side of this page, you can access 202 traveller reviews of the Helmsley. This will help you to come to a final decision as between the two hotels.



help me choose


In theory the Helmsley should be nicer because it is a 4* hotel compared to the Belvedere being a 3*, but there are other factors to consider.





Does location matter? The Belvedere is closer to the theater district, the Helmsley is closer to Grand Central Terminal.





What kind of room would you be getting at each hotel?





Definitely look at the candid photos of each hotel on this site to pick the one you feel most comfortable about.




P.S. Not suggesting, for one moment, that you should read all of these reviews. But if you read the more recent reviews of both hotels you will get a flavour of what they%26#39;re like.




I agree, location should matter in your decision. I have not stayed at the Belvdere, but have stayed at the NY Helmsley, and it was fine. Not my first choice but definitely doable. The rooms were large for NYC, adequate and clean and I liked it there.



Hope whichever hotel you decide on works out for you.....




Can I through another hotel in for your choice, the Sofitel is number 1 on this site and deserves it. We stayed there last year and can highly reccommend it.




Both hotels are good budget hotels. I know I%26#39;m a broken record on this subject, but I would pick one, make a cancellable reservation-avoid prepayment-- and keep looking at specials on travelzoo.com, quikbook.com and elsewhere closer to your trip. You may find a ritzy hotel for the same price or less. Also check affinia.com Their hotels are nice suite hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment