Monday, March 29, 2010

Is 7 days too long in NYC?

Hi, I have reserved a 1 bedroom apartment at Radio City Aparts for mid-May. I am getting ready to purchase my plane tickets now. The original plan is to arrive on a Sat afternoon and leave the following Friday afternoon. I have never been to NYC before, neither has my friend or my mom. However, several people are telling us that 7 days is way too long. Can someone please advise? We won%26#39;t do a lot of shopping but will still look. We will do all the tourist things and see a couple of shows.





Any help or advice would be great. Also, if anyone has an tips on spacing out 7 days there or sample itineraries, please pass along. My friend and I are 29 and my mom is in her late 40s.





Thanks!



Is 7 days too long in NYC?


I don%26#39;t that 7 days is too long at all! I went to NYC for my first time last June and stayed for 15 days - I didn%26#39;t even get to do everything I had planned to do! I swear I could stay for 7 months and not see everything... there was so much to sidetrack us from what we had planned on doing - the time will fly by, you will be left wondering where all those days went, and wondering when your boss will let you go on vacation again to go back and finish what you started!



Is 7 days too long in NYC?


NO - 7 days is not too long at all! I have been on 3 different 4-night, 5-day trips to NYC, and I still have barely touched the surface of all I want to see and do. Everyone has a different opinion about it, but I wouldn%26#39;t go with a strict itinerary. Choose a couple things for each day, but be flexible. Do a search for ';itinerary'; here and you will get many, many ideas.




I agree, 7 days is not too long in NYC, there really is so much to see %26amp; do, you won%26#39;t be bored, trust me. The time will fly by and you will end up saying I didn%26#39;t do everything that I wanted to do.





Start reading up on trip reports to get ideas on itineraries. What do you like to do? Museums, tours, history, music, comedy clubs, dining, there really is a lot.




In 7 days you will see about half of what you want to see and about 10 percent of what you will be interested in once you get to know NYC.




My brother-in-law was in town for two weeks and we all ran around town the whole time but didn%26#39;t even get to do everything. When are you coming? Remember there is a lot more to do in the warm weather (concerts, the park, beaches, parades etc) than in the middle of winter. No, seven days is not too long at all.




I definitely agree that 7 days isnt too long. Ive been twice before and we are going back again in July and this time we are going to stay for 8 days to try and get a bit more done. There is so much to see and do




There is one easy answer; NO - there are so many things to do.





Matte75




I am from the Village and have never ever been bored in my city. I have never even felt alone. You may find that 7days is not enough especially when you enter the met. Do let us know how it went.




I lived in the city for two years while attending grad school and THAT wasn%26#39;t long enough! If you search this forum and purchase a guidebook or two, you will find a plethora of things to do. Don%26#39;t forget also that New York City is made up of five boroughs, so there is a lot more to explore outside of Manhattan alone.




Thank you all for your inputs. Sounds like everyone things that it not enough time. We will be there May 19-25th, we aren%26#39;t really into museums but I am sure I will at least want to visit the Met, of course a couple of shows, Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, Top of Rock, ESB, Rockefellar Center, Good Morning America one morning,NBC Studios, World Trade Center/Ground Zero, I would like to go to a Yankee game and I already checked.....looks like the Boston Red Sox are in town when we are. Of course some shopping.....but mostly looking. I have bought a book for research. It%26#39;s the Frommer%26#39;s 2007 book and of course, I do a lot of research on the internet. I am already registered on playbill.com and broadwaybox.com, we have also requested tickets for live tapings of several shows but we don%26#39;t know yet what we are able to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment