Monday, March 29, 2010

Traveling alone

Im planning a trip back to new york sometime this summer/fall. I recently just got back and im ready to plan another trip. This time my trip will be bymyself. Where is a good place to stay at alone. Safe/Price. I really want to spend alot of time in central park in the summer. I loved that place m last trip and it was winter. Upper East side? Murrey hill (thirty, thirty has single rooms). Any ideas would be great.





Thanks



Traveling alone


Good for you!





See this collection of trip reports by solo travelers. Hopefully it will give you inspiration and hints on lodging.





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k474427-鈥?/a> Collection_of_trip_reports_from_SOLO_TRAVELLERS



Traveling alone


What is your hotel budget? How long will you stay?





For a solo trip, I%26#39;d





%26gt;book something cancellable that%26#39;s ok (nycsalisbury.com is near Central Park)





%26gt;check travelzoo specials closer to the trip





%26gt;definitely try bidding on Priceline for a 4* hotel. Depending on your budget, you could win the Parker Meridien for $160 (4* upper midtown/central park).





Murray Hill is the east 30%26#39;s and while a good neighborhood with some good prices, not as close to the park. I%26#39;d pick the upper west side (Beacon, Milburne, On the Avenue, Lucerne, Excelsior) first. Closer to park, a bit younger.




Im thinking something like 2-3 days. I want to do some of the things I didnt get to do while there last time. Central park in the summer, Modern museum, battery park, little things I missed last time. I could probably spend 2 days in central park alone.




I%26#39;m not sure how old you are, but New York does have some hostels where it would be easier to meet people, if that%26#39;s what you want.




Im just looking for something safe and affordable. Something from 60th up towards central park. Since I will be spending most of my time there.




Im just looking for something safe and affordable. Something from 60th up towards central park. Since I will be spending most of my time there. I am 24 if that helps at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment