Sunday, April 4, 2010

fitzpatricks hotels

If you had a choice to stay in Fitzpatrick Hotel Grand Central or Fitzpatrick Hotel Manhattan, which would would you choose and why?



fitzpatricks hotels


I%26#39;ve stayed at the Grand Central one a couple of years ago and it was really good. I saw the location of the Manhattan one but didn%26#39;t go in and was glad that I was in the GC one...if that makes sense.





It%26#39;s next to Grand Central (obviously) and also the Chrysler building. An excellent base for getting around and also a few bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Certainly it was good for breakfast places.





I don%26#39;t think either location is brilliant for nightlife but I found the subway system and taxis cheap, safe and easy to use to get back from wherever we were.



fitzpatricks hotels


I%26#39;d much prefer the Manhattan location to the GC location. It%26#39;s near more neighborhood type restaurants and shopping. (a block from Bloomingdales)




Any reason why you%26#39;re travelling from Ireland to stay in an Irish hotel? Lots of other fab hotels too, why limit yourself?




athtrasna





i wasn%26#39;t limiting myself. i got a good deal on both and i suppose being irish, heard they were good. could u recommend any other good central hotels for about 鈧?00 a night?




Depending on your dates you might get the Berkeley Intercontinental, we loved it there just went to book it too late.





What I%26#39;ve heard of the Fitzpatricks are good, don%26#39;t get me wrong.




I stayed in the fitzpatrick manhattan and loved it. The room was very large with a separate kitchenette area which we used to store our suitcases. The bathroom was huge. The location is excellent. Its only two blocks from the nearest subway and bloomingdales and its 3 blocks from 5th avenue. We walked everywhere.



Plus I can understand staying in an Irish hotel when visiting New York. Its nice to have the comforts of home while being away. The staff were very friendly and the bar next to the hotel is lovely. You get some drinks vouchers too which always go down well!

No comments:

Post a Comment