Thursday, April 8, 2010

tavern on the green

we have set lunch booked at tavern on the green central park .anyone have any comments on the place,it does look a bit posh, when i looked at it on line,will we have to get dressed up,like my jeans and trainers during the day



tavern on the green


It%26#39;s generally considered to be very touristy, mediocre to bad food that%26#39;s overpriced. BUT, as a NYC experience, most people like to go at least once and lunch is certainly a better option since it%26#39;s not as pricey as dinner. Here%26#39;s an older thread on the subject



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k579062-鈥?/a>





I don%26#39;t think you need to get dressed up but you might want to wear something other than casual jeans and trainers. I doubt that they%26#39;ll turn you away though since the only dress code on the website is ';neat attire.';



tavern on the green


thanks ny whiz thats clears a lot of things up,thanks for your reply





probably wouldn%26#39;t have booked there myself,but it%26#39;s included in a competition win,so may as well go,it always tastes better when it%26#39;s free!!!




Dear Angelbreeze,



I LOVE the Tavern on the Green- - - - - -but then, I am a tourist from



Washington, DC/Baltimore area. So, what could I know!!



I love the way the gaudy colored glass twinkles in there. I think it is a fun



place for lunch. I have enjoyed the Crystal Room and the Park Room, but didn%26#39;t like the Oak paneled room much.



If the jeans are neat, I don%26#39;t think you will have any difficulty. I



usually use the restroom there, and get a pack of matches for rememberance. We include it every time we go th NYC, and then do a few new places too. Waiters always treated us well.



As far as the food- - - - -not bad!



I%26#39;ve enjoyed just a Caesar Salad with rolls and beverage- - --



other times sandwiches- - - -which were GOOD.



And, one time (daughter%26#39;s 40th birthday) we a;; had a hot meal



and only one of our party did not think the food was super ( she had salmon).



I also think the brides who had their wedding reception there are lucky girls.



My grandchildren thin it looks like a fairyland.



This is just my humble oppinion, but don%26#39;t cross it off your list hastily. You can spend just as much $$ in much shabbier surroundings.




I am thinking of going again on my trip in March. I have not been to Tavern on the Green for about 10 years. I recall having the most perfect eggs benedict for brunch when I was there. Expensive yes, but quite an experience if my memory serves me.




I meant to add, but I like eating Italian food in Little Italy so what do I know???




Yes it`s touristy and overrated, but the food isn`t that bad and lunch is a good value option. It should be experienced for the over the top glitz alone. Just make sure that you`re booked in The Crystal Room. The other rooms pale in comparison.


  • get ride of
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment