Sunday, April 4, 2010

I want to go to the Tony Awards.

Been thinking about my annual theatre trip to the city---which usually happens in May.





This year I have more flexibility with my dates and I thought-----why not go in June and go to the Tony Awards instead of watching it on television??





Can I do that? How do I get tickets to the awards show? (I%26#39;ve never been to an event at Radio City---it might be fun.)



I want to go to the Tony Awards.




Their web site says, in part:





';Regular Tickets



A limited number of tickets to the 61st Annual Tony Awards ceremony on June 10, 2007 will go on sale to the general public in May 2007. Check back in the spring for more information.';





tonyawards.com/en_US/鈥ndex.html



I want to go to the Tony Awards.


My wife and I went to the show the first year it was at Radio City (it was the late 90s; I don%26#39;t remember exactly what year), and it was fun. Be prepared for the tickets to be expensive. It wasn%26#39;t so bad that first year -- we sat in the 3rd level (I believe the tickets available to the public are all -- or almost all -- in the balconies) and paid $75 or $100 per person, but I believe the price has gone up considerably since then. Also, you need to be prepared for the fact that there is a dress code -- black tie for men (i.e., you%26#39;ll need a tux). If anyone has more recent information, please post a response.





If you want to go, watch the Tony web site (or Playbill.com) for an announcement of the first day of ticket sales, and get on the phone (or web site) as early as possible on that day. And don%26#39;t forget to set your VCR to record the show for you. It%26#39;s fun to watch later and see how your view of the show differed from the televised version.




I think tickets are up to $250 last year.



As mentioned a dress code for men and women.



You are up in the nosebleed sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment