Sunday, April 4, 2010

Jazz for teen

I%26#39;m traveling with my 13 y/o in late March. She%26#39;s really into jazz and I%26#39;d love to find some club where she could here some jazz (not in a formal concert setting like a large auditorium). I%26#39;m wondering if anyone knows of a place where they%26#39;ll allow someone younger in. It wouldn%26#39;t bee real late in the evening. I had one recommendation to try the Iridum.





Thanks for any advice



Jazz for teen


My friend, myself and her then 15 year old son went to the Blue Note in the Village and we had a great time. He is into jazz as well and loved it.





www.bluenote.net





There is also Jazz Standard (and you can eat at Blue Smoke Barbecue if that appeals to you)





http://www.jazzstandard.com







Here is another site for more general information:





http://www.bigapplejazz.com



Jazz for teen


That is terrific!!! Thanks so much! :-)




Hi Moondance!





Did you check out the Jazz Standard site? They are having Jazz for Kids on Sundays. You learn about jazz and get to meet the musicians. Lunch is at 1 pm and the show starts at 2. Sounds pretty cool!





Have a great trip

No comments:

Post a Comment