Thursday, April 8, 2010

New York to PEI

Hi! I%26#39;ve always wanted to go to Prince Edward Island. Based on my research I found that I could get to PEI either by air (more expensive but shorter travel time - 6 hrs) or by rail and bus (less expensive, much longer travel time, but more picturesque):



a - Amtrak from NYC to Montreal (10 hrs)



b - VIA Rail from Montreal to Moncton, New Brunswick (17 hrs)



c - Bus from Moncton to Charlottetown, PEI (3 hours and 40 minutes)





I%26#39;ve also dreamed of travelling by train (very romantic and adventurous person by nature) based on old movies and books that I%26#39;ve read. I guess I would like to know if anyone has ever taken the latter route by train and bus. If yes, can you share your experience?





Thanks as always!





New York to PEI


Do you have a car? I drove from Boston to PEI this summer for a friends wedding (my 3rd trip there) and it took about 11 hours. If you do it with a friend, its not bad at all and its a really scenic trip not to mention inexpensive)... New Brunswick is beautiful to drive through.



Another option is to take a flight from NY to Halifax, NS and take a bus over to PEI.



Good luck! You will love it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment