Sunday, April 4, 2010

Need a NYC Experts advice!!!! 414 hotel or Hilton Garden In

We have been looking on tripadvisor about these two properties. Which one is truely a nicer place in person? They both look equally as nice for the same price. I know the 414 is very small.



Need a NYC Experts advice!!!! 414 hotel or Hilton Garden In


I%26#39;ve stayed at the 414, and it is truly charming..... all the rooms are just renovated with wireless internet, euro-style furniture and feel... even the lobby has free interent for all guests... and breakfast !!! all FREE.......just one block from all the bars, shows, and restaurants.... good luck... (jessica, in the front, told me ';it%26#39;s like your own apartment'; to many guests)... and she%26#39;s got a point.



Need a NYC Experts advice!!!! 414 hotel or Hilton Garden In


bump




I%26#39;d pick Hilton Garden. Less chance of noise from neighbors.




I%26#39;ve stayed at both, and they both had their advantages.





The lobby at 414 is a little nothing dark room that will make you think you made a mistake in booking it. However, the staff is 1000x friendlier than that of Hilton Garden Inn. There is no elevator, and the halls are very dimly lit. The room is small (not too tiny though), but I loved it. Something about it felt like I was staying in someone%26#39;s home, but not that creepy feeling like when you%26#39;re afraid to touch anything because the owner might get mad. It was very comfortable. A lot of the amenities don%26#39;t automatically come with the room, such as the hairdryer, so you have to walk or call down to the front desk to get them (for free). The rooms are probably a little roomier now since I heard they all have new plasma TVs, which they did not when I was there. It%26#39;s surrounded by all kinds of restaurants on an attractive street, but it is very quiet and isolated late at night. All the employees are very helpful and truly make you feel welcome.





Hilton Garden Inn feels like a typical tourist hotel. There%26#39;s nothing very charming about it and nothing that really makes it ';feel'; like NY (except the horrible attitudes of the front desk staff that remind you of NY stereotypes). The bellmen are friendly and helpful though, and they have free Internet that I never used because I was too busy, but at least one of the computers seemed to always be open. You do have an elevator here, and the rooms are a good size. You get a plasma TV, an ergonomic chair, a big comfy bed, refrigerator, and microwave. It%26#39;s a good, comfortable room, but you do occasionally feel the subway trains rumbling from below, and I%26#39;ve read lots of complaints of sirens throughout the night, but I only heard one. It%26#39;s very convenient to the subway and more well-lit at night than 414.





I didn%26#39;t feel I was in an unsafe neighborhood when walking to 414 at night, but because it was very dark and sometimes isolated, I sometimes felt a little uneasy. They are very close to each other though.





Between the two, I liked 414 better. It was just so friendly and charming, I felt like I was returning home each night when getting to my room rather than back to my hotel. I like the location of Hilton Garden Inn for convenience better, but 414%26#39;s location is better-looking (lots of trees and interesting non-highrise buildings). Hilton Garden Inn does have a lot more amenities and room though, but if those things aren%26#39;t necessary to you, I%26#39;d go with 414.

No comments:

Post a Comment