Sunday, April 4, 2010

Phone call from Big Apple Greeter

I just had a phone call and we have a greeter for our visit in 2 weeks time. We are going to be taken round Brooklyn Heights and if the weather is not too cold and windy we will walk over the Brooklyn bridge, and go for lunch at a Polish resturant.





I had to post here as the trip is a surprise 40th Birthday present for my husband so I can not share the news with him. I am getting so excited, it is going to be so hard waiting another 2 weeks to tell him about everything.





K



Phone call from Big Apple Greeter


I did the same for my partners birthday last year, although it was Toronto. It was driving me crazy keeping it all a secret and I had so many plans so i did the same and posted it on the Toronto forum and it was amazing how much support I got - it made it easier to keep the secret!



Have a wonderful time!





happy 40th birthday to your partner, mine in june and have booked New York also - although as i did it its not a surprise! 1967 was a good year..........................!



Phone call from Big Apple Greeter


I think I have eaten at that Polish restaurant, it was very good and inexpensive.




I did a google search and found one called Teresa%26#39;s that has really good reviews, was that where you went TPXB? I should have asked him what it was called but it will be quite nice to have a surprise.





K




I%26#39;m putting together a very last minute trip (in 2 weeks also) and just came across info about a Big Apple Greeter last night. I didn%26#39;t fill out the application because I imagined it was too close to the trip and did not have a good chance of getting a greeter.



Lucky you! Have a great time.




I only filled the form in last Thursday so it would be worth a try.





K




I have often eaten at Teresa%26#39;s on Montague Street in Brooklyn Heights. The service can be a little drifty sometimes, but the food is always good, and it is very reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment