Thursday, April 1, 2010

Royalton Hotel New York City

Ok, so we did priceline and this is the hotel we got. What should we expect? The reviews are pretty mixed, but we are easy to please...and for the price, I am very excited about it!



Royalton Hotel New York City


hope u dont mind me asking how much did u pay for the hotel?JUst curious ..



Royalton Hotel New York City


we bid $190 on priceline...for 1 night in April





:)




Have you looked at the ';candid travelers photos'; on the page with the reviews? The hotel is on the same block as the Sofitel, the Algonquin, the Mansfield, the Iroquois. It%26#39;s a really convenient street. There%26#39;s a great coffee shop right there for breakfast called the Red Flame. The hotel is very trendy looking with a cool bar. You%26#39;ll have fun.




That is a great hotel.. Its very classy and on a quiet nice street. I have never stayed there but I go to the lounge they have called ';44';. The restaurant is great as well. I have run into some celebs while I was there.





I think you will love it.




I used to enjoy the Royalton---stayed there 2 or 3 times. Liked the dark hallways people complain about. Liked the style of the rooms, the baths, etc.





For theatre, the location can%26#39;t be beat.





I stopped going there because of the attitude behind the front desk.





They were too interested in staring at their computer screens to acknowledge the customer standing in front of them.





And it wasn%26#39;t only me who felt the frustration. I remember overhearing similar comments from other guests in the lobby.





One morning I handed the boy behind the desk a stamped letter to post. He looked at me suspiciously and said, ';And your room number is?';





When I checked out the bell boy was creepy.





Perhaps all these characters are long gone and you%26#39;ll get nothing but smiles and attentive service.





If you got a good deal with Priceline, take your printed confirmation. I once made a reservation for the Royalton on Quikbook and the front desk challenged my rate. I pulled out the paperwork and that settled that.





Please post a review of the Royalton when you return. If customer service has improved, I%26#39;d be interested in going back......




Great price! you will love it!




THanks for the tip on printing out our confirmation from priceline! And hopefully they are a little nicer now. I did read reviews that they look down on those that used priceline, but oh well. If they don%26#39;t like it, they shouldn%26#39;t accept it. Then again, it%26#39;s the people who own the hotel that accept it...not the people behind the counter. We are very easy going, so as long as they are friendly and the room is clean, we don%26#39;t expect much more, lol. If they are rude, well...I can always email corporate, lol. And, I will leave an appropriate review when we get back, lol. All in all, I am excited, and I can%26#39;t wait! Thanks for everyone%26#39;s comments!




OK, these 3 months are just dragging!!!




gicarro, the Royalton is different from many other hotels. The hallways to the rooms are quite dark and each of the rooms has a porthole, almost as if you were on board ship or a submarine. The bathrooms are unusually designed insofar as the shower is open plan with rock walls and none of the usual glass shower walls.





The hotel itself is a good place for people watching. The lobby is long with high celilings and, though the bar itself is small, the area in which the drink is served is much larger. The bed was comfortable (though I only reached it at about 4.00 a.m.). And the breakfast, I remember, was very tasty.





The staff are a little bit pretentious. But I do not think this will take away from your overall enjoyment of your stay there. It%26#39;s across the road from the Algonquin, where you can see the famous Round Table which was used by the Dorothy Parker set for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment